We've heard those words often, and as you can see, the answer for us was yes. Blogging is a great way to share information, but it does take time. Before you start one, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have enough topics of value to post new messages frequently?
- How many posts per week will you write—and how much time will you allot to writing each one?
- Who in your organization will write the blog?
- Who will need to approve it?
- Will you respond to blog postings, and if so, whose responsibility will that be?
- How will you develop a following?
- Who will be your target audience?
- What will they want to hear from you?
The blogosphere is a busy place. And it's a great way to connect with your customers. Just be sure you're clear about your objectives, and have the resolve and the resources to follow through. We all know how those newsletters end up being due way sooner than we thought.