Is the social media revolution the most far-reaching communications development since the printing press?
Last month Mayo Clinic announced the launch of their Center for Social Media designed to facilitate communication among patients and between patients and knowledgeable medical professionals.
Mayo is using social media to:
- Involve employees in business strategies
- Manage change
- Share news
- Share resources with other organizations
- Explore use of social networking tools for collaboration among employees in an effort to improve care
- Connect patients
- Share stories from patients, families, and staff
- Convey health information
We'll be interested in following their progress as they blaze the trail for social media use in health care.