"When I gain these ruby slippers, my power will be the greatest in Oz!" —The Wicked Witch of the West
Since early times, red has been a signal to the human mind to act. It is the color of blood, and therefore life-sustaining or life-threatening. Considered the most physical color in the spectrum, it commands strong emotions and stimulates the adrenal glands to energize the body and senses.
- Light Pink: romantic, soft, sweet, delicate, innocent, fragile, youthful (too sweet)
- Dusty Pink: soft, subtle, cozy, gentle, nostalgic
- Bright Pink: exciting, playful, energetic, sensual, wild, festive, vibrant, flirtatious (gaudy)
- Bright Red: exciting, sexy, dynamic, dramatic, powerful, courageous, assertive, impulsive, demanding, motivating (aggressive, violent, dangerous)
- Brick Red: earthy, warm, strong, established
- Deep Reds: rich, elegant, refined, expensive, mature, robust