- Publish status updates or major stories in the morning. If you publish between 11 am and 4 pm your content may go unnoticed due to the heavy traffic by other users.
- Tag your friends when you post a note, so they see a message on their wall and are more likely to read it. Unfortunately you can only tag 30 people at a time. If you post multiple notes in order to tag more than 30 people, make sure to delete the duplicated posts in your news feed so you don't look like a spammer.
- Encourage interaction from your fans. Invite conversation, create contests, post interesting status updates and encourage check-ins.
- Share interesting links and encourage people to comment, but be sure to post the whole link instead of a short link because it's 300 percent more likely to get clicked on.
- Thursday is the best day of the week to get the most visibility for a Facebook post.
- Facebook may be the best platform for making a video go viral due to its ease of embedding media.
- Remember AIDA—Attention, Interest, Desire, Action.
Visit Ragan.com for more social media tips.