We’re not going to say that print doesn’t still have an effective place in a business’s communication strategy, because it does. But we do believe that the tremendous increase in online content signals a continued shift to video as the consumers’ preferred method of receiving information.
So when should you choose print vs. video? Videos deliver messages better when:
- Web and social media is the distribution method of choice.
- You have a limited media buying budget.
- The product/service excels when showcased visually.
- You want to show how something works—rather than describe it.
- A personal connection will attract sales (customer testimonials, for example, or a health care provider who wants to build a practice).
- Adding music, voice and motion is needed to make the message more arresting.
- Your target audience is prone to online searches.
- A great video of your product or service will outshine your competitor.
- You want to reinforce key points quickly, and need the power of both audio and visual to deliver them.
- Your message can be entertaining.
In what areas of your life do you prefer to watch a video over reading the same material in print?