Being a leader or a professional communicator includes polishing one’s own tools for interpersonal communication. Here are five substantive but simple strategies for becoming a better conversationalist—offered by Michael Hyatt.
- Strategy #1: Listen with your heart.
- Strategy #2: Be aware of how much you’re talking.
- Strategy #3: Hit the ball back over the net.
- Strategy #4: Ask follow-up questions.
- Strategy #5: Provide positive feedback.
Hyatt reminds us that genuine curiosity and interest in others is key to your ability to lead. You can listen to his podcast here.