Your sales emails have to soar above mediocre to work. Here are some ways to help yours get read:
- Insert a GIF with motion
- Insert an arresting photo
- Have a compelling subject line (but not too long, for mobile viewers).
Wrong: “Employment Update”
Right: “200 New Jobs Opening Soon”
- Deliver useful content—making sure that what you promise in the subject line is what you actually provide.
- Use a P.S. It’s often the first or only part of the email that will get read.
- Use graphics that invite and guide. These cues help the reader quickly see what’s interesting to them.
Email is a successful communication tool that can improve sales—if done well. Make yours better than your competition and see what happens.