Most leaders are hesitant to appear on camera—it’s normal. But a good video team can change that, making it possible for you to use this vital tool in ways you never thought possible.
Here's what a good video communication team can do for you:
1. Help you identify the points you want to make and capture good takes of all of them.
2. Help you select the best method of delivery (interview, teleprompter) that fits your style.
3. Coach you through the shoot with content prompts, questions, and real-time suggestions on body language, phrasing, and overall delivery—to make you look your best.
4. Create a calm setting that allows you adequate time to do as many takes as you need to.
5. Prep you about what to wear, how to prepare, and what to expect.
6. Select only the best takes for the final edit. We often reduce a 30-minute interview to two minutes of only the best content.
7. Add music, graphics, text, and video footage to amp up the impact.
You can make video a part of your communication strategy. So talk with a video team that produces executive videos. You may be surprised to find you can communicate at a level you never thought possible.