You only get one chance to make a first impression.
That’s why your visual brand elements—your website, logo, social media tools, advertising, way-finding and marketing materials now play such an important role in building your brand. Within seconds of seeing any one of these, customers will decide to move deeper into your brand—or walk away.
Today’s consumers have more sophisticated design tastes, and now expect good design in everything from their household items (as Target knows so well) to their vehicles—and everything in between.
And they’re not just comparing you to your competitors, they’re comparing you to every other visual brand they encounter. That’s why your visual branding elements are so absolutely critical to business success.
So do a quick check on your visual brand, to see if it’s living up to your organization’s brand attributes:
- Does it represent the same quality that you deliver?
- How does it position you next to your competitors?
- What does it say about you? Competence? Innovation? Earth-friendliness? Trustworthy?
- Does it imply success—as though your company is running with the winners?
- Are the colors communicating the right attributes? Good visual branding draws on color theory to depict the kinds of feelings you want your brand to evoke.
- Is it consistently delivered at all key touch points—or does it vary in execution?
Need some inspiration? >>